Getting Connected- Crowd Funding

as part of getting connected i tried to set up a kickstarter account to better understand the process and the possibilities that this site offers. i was surprised to learn that the site currently does not permit the isle of man as a crown dependency from running on its site

Picture6
Kickstarter

following this i looked at creating a brand/ logo for each of my sites so that if a client had used one and discovered another that they would instantly identify it as mine and may be more inclined to look through the site, having seen my other workPicture5

since my initial focus when getting connected was animation i chose to show a selection of my animated characters and pieces in the banner.  since my focus has now shifted to 2D art i will have to change my banner, and will do so when i have completed editing the into pieces for my YouTubePicture7

Picture8
Etsy

since Kickstarter does not work from the Isle Of Man i have opted to go for Etsy as the next viable and most appropriate site with which to sell my work whist i use Facebook to promote and link my pieces.  since setting up the facebook account i have learned that this is one of the best ways to link my YouTube account through my blog. this facility was not possible without having each of the sites set up and linked. this ment that though i had produced earlier animation pieces they were not available to view on my blog till now

Facebook has since trebled the number of people viewing my work and has helped my update my understanding of my audience.

Picture14
Facebook

Getting Connected-Facebook as a promotion tool

Picture13

Tanya Anderson from lovely greens gave a talk on her own experiences

she highlighted that she had two site,

her own

and Face book

she pointed out that the Facebook site led many of her new clients to her site and updated her existing clients on new products that she had available.  she also pointed out the importance of the statistic of each site in following trends and being adaptable to keep her product relevant and salable.

this information has proved invaluable as following the statistics on my blog has highlighted the areas of my working practise that has produced the most interest.

it should allow me the opportunity to keep my work available and sellable.

Getting Connected- Initial Links

Picture3

  • my first point of contact to the wider world
  • as a first point, it proved the value of a uniformed and simple to use format
  • the menus vary from the construction stage
  • so was not aware that it is difficult to see all the menus
  • re editing has highlighted that some of the added blogs are not listed under the correct heading
  • editing this has proven and issue as the site itself has had problems
  • the new look contains a more generic logo which should be easy to identify with
  • I may in cure difficulties when i try to band this logo to the you tube channel banner
  • Capture pic

 

Creative Identity- Research/Developing

007006008

once I had decided to focus my project on an illustrated book of Manx myths i began to accumulate a collection of both primary research and secondary.  the primary consisted of illustration, line drawings of places and areas with connection to each of the poems.

in doing this i believe i have improved on the compositional elements of the illustrations.  making each more readable and understandable from the audience perspective.

without the research the illustrations would not have strong enough links to the actual areas, location and places that give some of the pieces their impact.

 

Creative Identity- problems and reflections

009

when producing the final outcome for this brief I was struck by some of the issues that I have encountered.  firstly is best practice. when compiling both research and development of the piece i had two main ares. the first is my log book. the second a working folder with which to take to the client when updating them on the project. though this addressed the issue of presenting the work to the client in a clean professional manner and see the piece at every stage it would mean that future assessment may not have a clear progression through the production and development stages. to address this and to avoid it in future projects i think it would be best to generate the pieces in only one format and only create a separate presentation folder if required.

other issues this project raised where the grammatical errors that occur within my work. to address this for future projects and to help improve the presentation of my literal work. I will be needed to re read text again and apply spell check more often whether the piece is formal or informal.

during the project for this brief and the getting connected I often worked on both briefs and inadvertently mixed elements of the two.  this caused information that was valid in one, not to be available for the appropriate presentation. re reading the brief would have helped to clarify which brief required which elements, and would have addressed this issue.

Creative Identity- photoshop Explored

  • taking earlier unsuccessful etched prints
  • scanned into Photoshop
  • manipulated to either highlight details
  • or enhanced colour
  • rose
  • the original background is too deep
  • the white lines could be more faint
  • if the cuts were deeper then the original design would show through stronger
  • but the outcome is still increasing will work on it more