- a single A2 piece of paper
- containing some of the earlier pieces
- agreed universal font and size and layout between each of the artists in the group
as part of getting connected i tried to set up a kickstarter account to better understand the process and the possibilities that this site offers. i was surprised to learn that the site currently does not permit the isle of man as a crown dependency from running on its site
following this i looked at creating a brand/ logo for each of my sites so that if a client had used one and discovered another that they would instantly identify it as mine and may be more inclined to look through the site, having seen my other work
since my initial focus when getting connected was animation i chose to show a selection of my animated characters and pieces in the banner. since my focus has now shifted to 2D art i will have to change my banner, and will do so when i have completed editing the into pieces for my YouTube
since Kickstarter does not work from the Isle Of Man i have opted to go for Etsy as the next viable and most appropriate site with which to sell my work whist i use Facebook to promote and link my pieces. since setting up the facebook account i have learned that this is one of the best ways to link my YouTube account through my blog. this facility was not possible without having each of the sites set up and linked. this ment that though i had produced earlier animation pieces they were not available to view on my blog till now
Facebook has since trebled the number of people viewing my work and has helped my update my understanding of my audience.
Tanya Anderson from lovely greens gave a talk on her own experiences
she highlighted that she had two site,
and Face book
she pointed out that the Facebook site led many of her new clients to her site and updated her existing clients on new products that she had available. she also pointed out the importance of the statistic of each site in following trends and being adaptable to keep her product relevant and salable.
this information has proved invaluable as following the statistics on my blog has highlighted the areas of my working practise that has produced the most interest.
it should allow me the opportunity to keep my work available and sellable.
as part of getting connected we were asked to contact artists or creatives that had an interest in the same areas of production as we are interested in perusing ourselves.
i elected to focus on Animators as this is the main area i am interested in working in.
we discussed the importance not only getting connected. but the true value of staying connected. without which you can not hope to connect to or reach newer wide audiences. his emails was very positive and wished me every success.
Meathaus is a collective site, I am uncertain which of the collective i communicated with, they outlined the benefits of working in a collected and the fact you have the support and the intellect of the people in the group. the message did say that the one down side of the collective is that if one of the individuals in the group is not dedicated to the project theat they have the capacity to delay or even prevent the project from going ahead.
Chris McDonnell is a successful animator, whose site has a workshop option to support budding animators in the creation, generation and production of animation pieces. the workshop also allows Chris the opportunity to give feedback and in some cases he has employed people based on the work they have present there
unsurprisingly Richard Williams did not respond
- my first point of contact to the wider world
- as a first point, it proved the value of a uniformed and simple to use format
- the menus vary from the construction stage
- so was not aware that it is difficult to see all the menus
- re editing has highlighted that some of the added blogs are not listed under the correct heading
- editing this has proven and issue as the site itself has had problems
- the new look contains a more generic logo which should be easy to identify with
- I may in cure difficulties when i try to band this logo to the you tube channel banner
- set up account
- place and promote a selection of pieces
- select a test price with which to sell
- link to Facebook page
- after creating a YouTube channel
- its was linked to the newly created Facebook page
- and then linked to WordPress account
- by doing this increased the number of viewers from 19 to 907
- this is the most visible evidence of the increase potential for awareness of your own work so far
some of the problems encountered and there sollutions were possible
- due to time constraints slots have been booked for filming-if we over run we will not have long to re- film and edit
- job set-mikey filming,zara puppeteer, availability is limited-cut off point for my project to assist with theres
- equipment organised batteries charge may not last- choose site were batteries can be charged i.e campus for mine or terminus for Mikeys
- banner done and set up-used- could be refined for future use
- intro-completed lost in editing – if time allows we will film it again after Mikey project
- locations agreed and approved- verbal agreed at each location
- films loaded-verification of youtube channel cannot be done with a Manx mobile number-will attempt with land line
- weather as always the bane of my life-
what to do
- future reference book more days in advance
- choose location were batteries could be charged
- save all footage untill project finished
sing song video
Philip is Racheal video
Betty’s day out video
betty in studio